August 10, 2008

This is... a work in progress

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Do you keep a fashion scrapbook? I do! And I have been pretty much since I found interest in fashion at the age of 12, when I started reading fashion magazines out of boredom, when I was on vacation with my parents. Of course there are the magazines that are simply too beautiful to cut up (Vogue UK, Another Magazine, Self Service, Dansk, etc. are all neatly piled) but in general I find that this is a great way to keep the parts of the magazines that I love.. (I cut out entire pages and store them as well).. But the scrapbook itself.. It's a never-ending project. Though I have had it for years, I hardly have one page which is entirely full as you can tell. But I guess that's part of the charm. What I love the most about it, is to see how my style and taste have evolved over time. In some way I guess that I still appreciate all the pieces in the book however these last few years my style has become much less colorful and quirky.. Anyways, these are a few selected pages.. In chronological order, bien sûr..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the idea of being able to follow how your style evolves! wish i had that kind of diary

Anonymous said...

that is a great idea!!! i love your blog.
i added you to my link list, can you add me and my blog to yours?!

DaisyChain said...

I do this, intermittently. Sometimes I am not motivated at all, but I love to see how I change with my tastes over the months and years.

Moiface said...

great idea!

Maureen Reynolds said...

I've never done this but it would be a fun thing...if I was willing to spend money on fashion mags. I don't think THAT'S going to happen tho...

Anonymous said...

i actually just found out that i have been doing this for some years now! Digitally! i have little folders for each season! its not as beautiful as your scrapbook though! actually it kind of boring cus its just runway pics...

Lila said...

Great idea and looks perfect! it's like having a magazine of your own! I'd do at, but I feel to sad to cut a magazine:)
Really cool blog